Who is using E.S.V. B-ionic?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Corailline, Jun 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I ordered the gallon containers and I have a few questions that I have not been able to find the answers to.

1. The product adds other trace elements as well, per label. My question is, what Mag level are you getting? Two Little Fishies has Mag causing my Mag to run higher than I like, I am wondering if I will see the same trend with this product?

2. Instructions encourage use of both products in equal amounts, is this a reality? I know this all depends on my tank's calcification rates, but these 2 part products have never worked well for me using equal parts of both.

3. Over all if you use this product, when do you dose it (as in time of day) and do you like it or any complaints?

Thank you in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Wish I could help... I'm sure folks will chime in.
    I wanted to go with b-ionic because of the trace elements and it's solid reputation but I couldn't get it locally.
    I ended up getting some products from Thrive instead, a newer company - I haven't heard anything about them so I figured them a shot.

4. Corailline

I ordered it from MarineDepot, I am not unhappy with the price. Having a Nano means it's not going to be an expensive endeavor, on a larger tank I would probably try BRS.

There is a huge thread on another forum on ESV however no one answered the specific questions that I have. Most everyone raves about the product though so I am going to give it a go.

I am going to look at the Thrive products as well.

:)

5. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I use it. I'd recommend spreading the dose throughout the day. I only use their 2 part and rarely have to dose any calcium so you can dose either by itself. I find its pretty strong stuff so you don't need much. I don't notice my mag fluctuating very much because of it so I can't help you there. My mag stays round 1400 but I'm also using red sea coral pro salt

6. Corailline

Hmmm I am using IO and my mag gets stuck around 1600. I am trying to avoid keeping the level so high.

I want the addition of the Strontium, Iodine and Mag but just not sooooo much mag.

Instead of using the calcium of the Two Little Fishies I am topping off with kalk but still can not get the Mag down. I would be really happy with 1400. Maybe when my coralline algae starts to really take over the mag will start to drop more?

How big of a container do you buy and how long does it last?

7. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I use the 473 ml size and it lasts me about 3 months. Since I switched to the coral pro I've been able to cut back.

8. Click Here!

9. Rarend99

Rarend99 Coral Banded Shrimp

I use the 2 part system they offer and absolutely love it!

I will take measurements tomorrow and let you know what mine are at, i only dose every other day, i don't usually see my Mag go up to 1600 though! thats high. I dose calcium more than alk.

I usually buy the two gallons and they last me a long long time!