Who here doses Amino Acids

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Scott Osborne, Jan 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

Just curious who here doses AAs. What kind do you dose? How much do you dose? And what results do you think your getting?

I've been conducting an experiment on the subject for awhile and would like to add to the knowledge base.

Thanks
    Scott

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Kent and Seachem have products available in liquid form to add traces, aminos and vitamins to your live stock. When I use these, I add a few drops to my food as a soak.

4. Scott Osborne

Are you soaking food that is for the actual corals in the AA blend?

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

6. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

i dose amino's and vitamin's directly to the tank for corals. also dose creatime monohydrate

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I just got a free sample of Fauna Marin Ultra Min S from Premium Aquatics but I haven't doesd it yet. Like to do a lot of research before I start adding things to the tank. Will sit back and watch this thread.

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I use Zeovit AA. Have been using it about 12 months. Noticed an incredible increase in polyp extension and coral over all colour. I started with 12 drops a day, but am now down to 6 drops. I guess that's just under a ml.

I have had friends use other brands (sorry I can't remember the Brand) with limited success and switch to Zeo and noticed a big change.

J

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I dosed AA tonight and everyone like it except for my Blue Mili, wonder why??

11. Scott Osborne

RG, what results are you getting from the Creatine? Thats pretty interesting.

Right now I am dosing L-Proline and L-Lysine. The L-proline is one of the AAs that corals dont produce themselves. I am trying to find out if it generates the Hyper polyp extension that some say.

If you guys are interested this is a tough but good read about the AAs that corals produce themselves. This is jst the Abstract.
    Animals rely on their diet for amino acids that they are incapable either of synthesizing or of synthesizing in sufficient quantities to meet metabolic needs. These are the so-called 'essential amino acids'. This set of amino acids is similar among the vertebrates and many of the invertebrates. Previously, no information was available for amino acid synthesis by the most primitive invertebrates, the Cnidaria. The purpose of this study was to examine amino acid synthesis by representative cnidarians within the Order Scleractinia. Three species of zooxanthellate reef coral, Montastraea faveolata, Acropora cervicornis and Porites divaricata, and two species of non-zooxanthellate coral, Tubastrea coccinea and Astrangia poculata, were incubated with 14C-labelled glucose or with the 14C-labelled amino acids glutamic acid, lysine or valine. Radiolabel tracer was followed into protein amino acids. A total of 17 amino acids, including hydroxyproline, were distinguishable by the techniques used. Of these, only threonine was not found radiolabelled in any of the samples. We could not detect tryptophan or cysteine, nor distinguish between the amino acid pairs glutamic acid and glutamine, or aspartic acid and asparagine. Eight amino acids normally considered essential for animals were made by the five corals tested, although some of them were made only in small quantities. These eight amino acids are valine, isoleucine, leucine, tyrosine, phenylalanine histidine, methionine and lysine. The ability of cnidarians to synthesize these amino acids could be yet another indicator of a separate evolutionary history of the cnidarians from the rest of the Metazoa.

I also got the samples that PAs sent out. I have yet to try them.

12. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I love tank creatine monohydrate when I work out!!! Eat alot of protein and take vitamins.The ultimate orange(ephedra) worked awesome as well!

Wooooppppppsssss....wrong thread...hahahaa