who do you LOWERYOUR ph LEVEL

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by card shark, Sep 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. card shark

card shark Flamingo Tongue

i just got some R.O. water from work and the PH is like 9.2 (used my freinds digital PH meter because the the color didnt match my card)

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

If you got water that is 9.2 I wouldnt use it. Thats horrible. If it really is R/O he really needs to change the filter's, as its most likely more contaminated than just regular tap.

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

i dont think RO waters ph is supposed to be the same as SW, ive never tested mine tho so i dunno

5. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

^+1 don't use it.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Water with that high of a PH wouldnt even be considered potable water (meaning it wouldnt be safe for a human to drink or wash dishes with). Are you sure of where you got this stuff?

7. card shark

i know where i got it,i work for a plating company and that is all we use,plating is hard with a bad ph dont understand it that sux just wasted all of the salt

8. Click Here!

9. card shark

wow this water is like hand soap(on the PH scale) i wonder if its the buckets they are brand new i did wash them out really good with tap water.this has me beating my head against the wall.

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I doubt the buckets would have caused a massive scale contamination like that

11. reefman1132

reefman1132 Skunk Shrimp

I hope the plating company doesn't recycle the water because i think the metals and such could have raised a PH.

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

For the water to be that messed up and be R/O, the filters have to be way. WAY, past their time, and are actually pumping more contaminants into the water than taking out.