Resolved White stuff in the tank

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by andru1313, Oct 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

Ok what is this white stuff floating around in my tank? My water parameters have been stable for weeks. I just have a CUC and one Clown Goby in the tank Tank has been up and running for about 2 months. Here is a video of what I am talking about. Thanks everyone.YouTube - White stuff in tank

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

The link isn't working.

4. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Went ahead and linked it for you.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  5. andru1313

Sorry guys posting from my phone. Lmk if u can see the video now. If not will have to wait till I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oh someone hooked you up. I can see the link.

All I see is suspended particles, probably from the flow, seems like some mechanical filtration should eventually take care of that.

Sometimes the clean up crew does such a good job of stirring the sand bed that they just kick the stuff up. Over time the small suspend particles get sucked up.

I believe that is what you are referring to?

1 person likes this.
  7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Have you recently done a water change? To me, it looks like undissolved salt...moving around thanks to your powerheads.

8. Click Here!

9. andru1313

No water change since still in a cycle. I did change one of my sponge filters a few days ago and had to move some live rock. Guess just being paranoid. I will let it go. My salainty is a tad low so maybe will do a water change to up it. It's at 1.022.

10. newtosalt

newtosalt Spaghetti Worm

if it is undissolved i would reccomend getting a maxi jet just like a 900 and when you mix the salt let the maxi stir it for around 24hrs prior to water change i feel its important the water will be crystal and more oxyginated imo

1 person likes this.
  11. andru1313

I guess I should do a better job of making water. I use RO/DI water but mix the salt by hand. I only make 5 gallons at a time and usually just make to order. I don't have much room for alot of equipment. So that is part if the issue.

12. newtosalt

newtosalt Spaghetti Worm

well you can mix by hand but mix let it sit for a few hours then mix again let it sit over night mix it again let sit for an hour then add its not o bad just some corals are sensative to undissolved salts