White stringy poop-please help!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Cat., Mar 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Cat.

Cat. Plankton

Purchased an ocellaris clown from my LFS 5 days ago. Today I saw a white stringy 1/2 inch thing hanging from his underbelly for about a minute before it fell off. He's been eating about 3-4 large pellets a day, wont eat any of the brine shrimp or other types of pellets i offer him. I don't know if this is a normal amount for clown to eat, he's only about an inch long. Pretty sure he's eating copepods of the glass too, I know he's at least trying to.
    Does this indicate worms? or something else?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Click Here!

3. Arc Katana

Arc Katana Fire Worm

Worms. Prazipro to treat. Either treat whole tank or just the fish.

4. Cat.

Cat. Plankton

Thank you. Can you buy food with this in it?

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Welcome to 3Reef!!!

Yep....sounds like worms and Prazipro is my favorite treatment

6. Cat.

Cat. Plankton

Thanks, I will go buy some when the store opens tomorrow. Is 3-4 pellets of food generally enough for him to eat in a day?

7. Arc Katana

Arc Katana Fire Worm

Fish will eat till they can't any more. Feed 3-4 pellets twice a day and you should be fine.

8. Click Here!

9. Cat.

Cat. Plankton

I feed him twice a day but he never seems to eat very much. Usually 1-2 pellets I would estimate (I have to break them up for him) at each feeding. He loses interest very quickly and if I gave him more it would just fall to the bottom.

10. Cat.

Cat. Plankton

We have also tried feeding him chopped up fresh scallop and he seems really interested at first but will spit it right back out. I also have to break up the pellets or else he spits them back out too. He did the same thing will the brine shrimp the first time we tried feeding him that. Don't know if that makes any difference. I will still go get him the medication tomorrow.