White strings coming out of LR

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by GjB, Dec 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yep....also known as spaghetti worm or mama mia worm

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Not sure if I should start another thread and flood the board so I'll ask here...this same piece of LR occassionally spits out grey dirt/dust and turns my tank into a snowglobe. What is that?

Also, is there any negatives to having this worm in my tank? There is more than one...on the other side of this piece of LR.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

spaghetti worms are harmless.

The rock being spit out is probably a rock boring urchin or rock boring clam

5. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Thank you. This site is amazing. So much knowledge and such fast responses! I registered at another forum the same day I registered here but I am not going back to the other one. I am staying true to 3reef! The people here are so helpful.

6. mazaj

mazaj Feather Duster

lol i know the answer because i asked it b4 and same great response. 3reef is the best. i had a spagetti worm outbreak first when i set up till i got used to how much to feed my fish. now i see couple of them only here and there. just feed the right amount and you avoid most of the problems.