White spots on my Golden Butterfly

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Guest, Nov 2, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone

Two days ago i noticed first at one of my butteflies on his lest fin a big white thing,and next day it had some white round spotss on the tail.They don't seem to me ichs becose they are gigger.It is eating very well.The other one doesn't have white spots.They fish had some stress because of high nitrate.I am doing 30% water changes every two days.Can someone tell my what is these white stuff

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Could you post a pic? How is the fish now?

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome Ioannis Paliatsos!

Feel free to join as a member as there is no cost. Let us know how your fish are doing and give us as much information on your tank set-up. Very helpful in diagnosing and answering questions. Thanks.

5. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

could be ich. could be other parasites. it is best to quarantine next time.

6. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

QUARANTINE ALWAYS!

Cant say it loud enough. Im with Reiple.

Jay

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I would start feeding it with garlic added to it's food and if it is ich it may help and if it isn't it wont hurt ;) ........ John

8. Click Here!

9. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

feltch if it is not ich (I hope so) there is a medication I used before and though you may use it you do so at your own risk.
    It's called Tetra Marin - Disease Treatment for Marine Fish.
    It is made by Tetra and can be used safely on an established reef tank.
    A dosage is placed in the bottle for tanks with corals, anemone and other inverts. I experienced no loss when I used it. And of course the suspect disease at that time was oodinum and it was cured.

Again - at your risk when you use it. ;)

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Reiple  I haven't heard of that product but I must say that I would be very careful about putting any medications in a reef tank I know that you said use it at your own risk but If I were going to medicate the fish I would place them in a hospital tank and treat them there.

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

But then again if this is a butterfly fish maybe this is not a reef tank? :-/

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for your replies.It is fungal disease.They look like white cotton.It 's not reef tank.I used pimafix with Melafix but my shrimps died and the cleaner wrasses was very bat so i remove it.I used the medication for two days and i stopped.Tommorow i will put the butterflies in a other tank i will cure them with Furan 2.