White spots on coral

Discussion in 'Coral' started by jwoyshnar, Mar 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jwoyshnar

jwoyshnar Plankton

Hello all, a few days ago white patches started forming on my soft corals. It started on my on toadstool and now a few have it. Could someone please help me with this so it doesnt spread to the rest of my stuff. All coral is acting normal extending polyps and everything else just these marks. they seem to be getting worse everyday.
    Thanks[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Yes, my large Toadstool had a few of the white blotches but they went away in time. There is a disease; Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN) but you will know if the "flesh" starts to slough off (not to be confused with the normal shedding of the thin top layer). Necrosis will cause decay. I think yours are o.k. Do you have adequate flow to your coral? I would like to see a full tank shot, if you would.

4. Sara

Sara Astrea Snail

Whats your water levels?

Have you tried dusting it off, maybe its shedding?
    Take a turkey baster to it or direct your power head so it gets a higher flow.

Other than that - have you changed your lighting at all?

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I can't see clearly enough on the picture. Per chance does the location of the white spots ever change? I'm thinking possibly flatworms.