Urgent White specs on my sailfin tang!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dustin0479, Feb 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. snooopidydoo

snooopidydoo Coral Banded Shrimp

Tank is way too small. i would take the fish back, IMO. Garlic, dont stress it more than it needs to be.

2. Click Here!

3. dustin0479

dustin0479 Peppermint Shrimp

It is about 3". I am finishing a room next spring and adding a 200gal so he will have room to grow. I figure I have good year before the 55 really becomes an issue.

4. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

IMO I did kinda the same thing in a 75gal - love sailfins but even in a 75gal he was stressed with a very low bio load - unfortunately my fire clowns stressed him out and beat him up. That being said - I would just leave him in the dt feed some nori soaked with a little garlic - if he is eating and picking at rocks he will be fine.
    Or take him back and wait till you have your 200gal. But I know getting fish out of a dt is crazy hard.

5. snooopidydoo

snooopidydoo Coral Banded Shrimp

a 55 should be OK temporarily, but a 29 is just too small. i tried this with a tiny sweet lips when i was starting out and the same thing happened, and it died.
    good luck, i hope it all works out.

6. dustin0479

dustin0479 Peppermint Shrimp

I took him to a different LFS. The one I got him at he was in a 15 and now he is in a 65. I got a coral beauty angel in exchange for him.