White fluff of death

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Triggs, Feb 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

Bingo haha. I had a beautiful blue and silver one with the most awesome striped you could imagine. I lived 3 years from a baby til full grown. Favorite fw fish of all time. Good choice haha. Good luck with the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. Triggs

Triggs Plankton

I also have a couple ghost shrimp and a pile of trumpet snails that I forgot to mention above. while I'm at it i might as well ask, i have a trumpet snail problem. I like having a couple because they keep the algae down. Is there something that will eat some of them but not all of them?

what about "seachem live bearer salt- creates ideal brackish environment" would that do?

4. Yuri Kapustin

I would try and stay away from any chemicals. Try to correct the water in a natural way instead of adding things that might create a whole new problem. In general, dont buy things that petstores tell you to. Ask people on here first.

To control your snail problem, look into a type of loach. I prefer the yoyo loach or clown loach. Both will eat snails. I have had experience with the yoyo and was very happy. From word of mouth I heard the clown loaches do the same...

Good luck and pm me if you want to ask some more questions and no one responds.. sometimes threads can get lost in here from too many being posted.

Yuri

5. Yuri Kapustin

BTW, both loaches are very calm and wont have many compatability problems from what I know...

6. ÷קmᮆÚš×÷

÷קmᮆÚš×÷ Astrea Snail

also with the loaches be carefully not to have any salt as they are scaleless fish and the salts will burn and kill them..

7. Triggs

Triggs Plankton

Oh. Good to know. It looks like Loaches get pretty big...is there anything smaller that won't finish off al the snails but will keep them down a wee bit?

8. Click Here!

9. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

most freshwater parasites are cool water and wont live in warmer water. treat for ick and crank the heat up to about 82 for a few days see if it might get better...if not reef tanks the way to go.

10. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

take em to the store and get credit on em...

11. Triggs

Triggs Plankton

Ahhhh...How do I post a thread like this on here...just a blog entry???