White flower pot

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by rickzter, Nov 29, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

I just came across a white flower pot. How rare are these?? It was my first time seeing one. I always see greens and yellows.

It's kind of dying off, but still has a good chunk of it still alive and kicking, healthy color, etc. I asked how much he wanted, he said $5.99! It has to be a 3"x4" round skeleton.

Can corals bounce back from poor health or once they are dying off will die off completely?

Thanks everyone!

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

My LFS Owner was able to bring one back. Partially. That's the only time I have seen it done. From what I have experienced, once the polyps retract and stop coming out, it gets harder to entice them to come out and gather food. Are you sure it's a natural white? It may have lost it's color because of its health??
    He ought to let you have it for free and then if you can save it you could work out a deal with him. Right??

Jim

4. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

That would sound like a deal, but doubt any LFS owner would let me take a coral home without paying for it. :) It looks like it is naturally white, no signs of discoloration, it's snow white!

They have it in a tank full of coral skeletons, I guess they took it out of the frag tank because it was dying, $5.99 isn't crap, I can try to nurse it back, my water is very good.

SG 1.023 (trying to get it up to 1.025)
    NO3 0ppm
    NO2 0ppm
    NH3/NH4 0ppm
    Ca 500ppm
    Alk High (dont have a pro test, says it's high)
    pH 8.6

5. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

6. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Do you think I should dip it and disinfect it? I'm afraid I might introduce something that was eating it up. I know no one will buy it, since it is dying and unpriced (on the tank). I might have to go back for a second look. They have another smaller one which appeared to be yellow but fading to some kind of light green.

7. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

Goniopora are among the hardest corals to keep

8. Click Here!

9. telman2010

telman2010 Bristle Worm

Anything special I need to be doing K.B.? I've had one in the tank for about two weeks now and it seems to be doing fine. But I know thats not very long to judge how a coral is going to do. Any info appreciated.:)

10. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Read the artical Diver 1298 Posted. It should help a bunch.

They are amazing corals but require a huge commitment ::)

J

11. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Ya, Diver posted a good source and am following the guy's guidelines. Anyone know if other corals will benefit from Iron supplementation?