white flag i quit i quit

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Newreef15, Nov 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

as some of u know i have been fighting dino for about 4 months now. i have decided to nuck all of the rocks clean out the tank put new sand in and start all over again.

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Before going down this path you should really formulate a plan of what you are going to change next time around. If you do it all the same there's a chance you will have the same problems again.

4. DevotedLionfish

DevotedLionfish Fire Shrimp

do you have a fuge?
    im fighting dino also so i installed a fuge with chaeto to tyr to get rid of dino.

5. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Instability creates dinos... Sometimes you just need to let it ride. Get your pH up, alk up(but not past 14 dkH) get rid of organics then let it ride.

When you fiddle with the tank too much dinos seem to persist longer

6. Newreef15

i got the algea from a large lfs i know this bc 3 weeks after buying lr from them there lr tank was filled with the stuff. i figure this is a good idea bc i dont have alot of fish or coral right now

7. Newreef15

i already did the ph and alk i also have been using a phosphate reactor and a algea scrubber.

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

i thought you were slowly winning the war

10. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

What all have you changed in the 4 months? It takes awhile for your tank to level out. I wouldnt get to hasty in the decision to break it down and start over. I would keep up with water changes, get nutrients down, back off the amount of time the lights are on and go from there. JMO

11. Newreef15

no it was nasty realy realy nasty and i am just tired of it and now i have a high quality fish store that i go to.

o and imy lights were only one for 5 hours for the last 3 months and i was only feeding every 3 days. and for like the first 3 month of the tanks life i was using ro water which was actual normal city water.

12. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

Wish you better luck this time around. Maybe you can get a bigger tank!!;);)