White film on coralline

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by R34dawn, Jul 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Good points made. I think I am going to put this one to the test. I have some Tums upstairs. I am going to put it into a glass of my tank water and see what happens. Just for S and G. OMG, back to chem lab. I have not tested the Ca++, but I have been using Reef Crystals for my salt mix. I should be around 400.

Reeron: Yup, that could have an effect, but I would be willing to be that the system is not saturated. Thus, it would only slow the reaction, not impede it totally. A reading of 450 is optimal if I am not mistaken. Readings of 600 have been reported on the threads and there has been no crystalization. And there is no CaCo3 in the system. There is Ca++ cation and carbonate anion as well as bicarbonate, which would point the vector back in my favor: DISSOLUTION!!!!! Hehehe.

Phayes: No doubt that pH plays a part in dissolution of ionic compounds, but the difference between 7.0 and 8.0 is only 10x change. I can still play devil's advocate on that one.

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah. I am a nerd. Big time. I was in band from the 4th grade to college. I went to band camp in high school. Three years in a row. I was in chess club. I played D&D routinely. My name is John. I am a nerd.

4. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Helllllllllllllllooooo nerd! :)

BTW: I shoot my Magic Missle into the dark. ;D

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Dude, what was a magic missle's damage? I seem to remember 1d4+1 per level? And I believe it was a 1st level magic user's spell. I still have all my first edition books somewhere. Even the Dieties and Demigods WITH cthulu.

I'd better shut up now.