White cloudy eyes on Flame Angel and

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Jay, Feb 6, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hello:

I have 2 fish that have white stuff in both their eyes. Some history about the tank: Had ICK pretty bad before christmas and have still been battleing it a little. My fish sometimes show sighns of ICH but I give them garlik and vitamins in their diet of about 10 types of food, Frozen, freeze dried and flake. I noticed the white stuff on the eyes of the flame angel first. It looks exectly like someone filled their eyeball 1/4 full of skim milk. It stays in the bottom portion of the eyeball. Now my Coral Beauty has it in her eyes also. Is this ICH or something else? I am beginning to think I need to quaranteen all my fish again...what a pain in the ass. I might even setup my other 55 so I can put all my inverts in there so I can bring down my display tank to super low salinity for a couple months. This might even be a good time to buy that new tank Ive had my eye on (250 gallon Whahoo)

So what do you all think this is in the fishes eyes? This milkey stuff around the bottom of their eyeballs.

Thanks for your help everyone. You guys are great!

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Kinda sounds like eye flukes. They've been becoming more of a problem in the last 5 years. Every exporter seem to have them now, when 5 years ago, it seemed only Sri Lanka was sending them out. Dylox will take care of it, but it's not reef safe. There is no reef safe method of killing them. Fresh water dips help a lot, but that can't solve any that may be in the system. Hyper salinity won't do a dang thing against them.

4. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

So in this case I will need to let my tank fallow just like the ICK right? I will look them up and find the treatment.

Thanks Gresham
    Jay

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

So far I see lots of info on gill flukes. Does anyone know of a site discussing the types of flukes that I have described in my post?

Jay

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

It's never been a huge problem, hence the lack of info on the net. You can try fishy farmacy (they've recently changed they're name so a web search may reveal the new one)

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

[quote author=Jay link=board=ASAP;num=1107723343;start=0#2 date=02/06/05 at 17:25:49]So in this case I will need to let my tank fallow just like the ICK right? I will look them up and find the treatment.

Thanks Gresham
    Jay[/quote]

Or fish free for a month or two. No source of food, no more flukes.

8. Click Here!

9. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thank You Gresham, You are a great help. I will google them.

Ive never been googled....wonder what it feels like hehe.

Jay

10. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Eye cloud could also be bacterial infection. I would consider placing in quarentine tank and treat with sulfa or penicillin. These are faily non toxic to fish.