White Area

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Bruce, Nov 20, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hello, i have a true percula and i noticed that behind its first white stripe (on the orange area) there is a small white very slightly raised circle...could this be a disease or just the fish...i a pair in around 1 week ago my tank has been up for a little over a year...also there is a small maybe parasite on one side of its head above the gills at lease i think it is a parasite...anyone know, sry no pic but he never stays still and i would never get a good shot

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Without a picture it is very difficult to say just based on your description. How long have you had the Perc and did you notice this marking when you acquired it?

4. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

could be ich. could be fungus. or another parasite.

did you quarantine?

5. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

what about a freshwater dip and see if it falls off??? or is that too dramatic on the fish???

GL

Scoffer

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

well now i think it is ich because it broke the skin (no bledding yay) but now it looks more like a parasite than a white area...also on my other one on the black area behind the first line there is some orange area i cant tell if it the same as his orange or if it might be velvet...is there anyway to diferenciate? sry not pic but as i said...they never sit still also they stay in my colt coral alot...for quarintine i am setting up a 12 gal to put them in with an anemone if i put non reef safe meds in there how long before it would become reef safe again...i wanna put an anemone in there with them

7. Craig Manoukian

Your 12 gallon would be seriously overstocked with the livestock listed. You don't want to use your 12 gallon as the qQ tank if you are going to medicate with copper, the best solution to eradicate the ich, as it will leach into your LR/LS and kill your future inverts. One percula would be the maximum in the nano.

A fresh water dip may be the best thing in your circumstance.

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

i could not put both? they r both less than 1 in...arg will green ex get rid of ich and velvet? i am using it in my tank

10. Craig Manoukian

I've never used Green Ex.

With 5 gallons of water required per inch of adult fish you can support 2" of adult fish. An adult Perc will be 3 - 4" in length. With the corals and a Perc, a skimmer is a must on the nano.

11. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmm well there r no corals in the nano now it just finished cycleing...why dont u ever use green ex?

12. Craig Manoukian

I've never had ich or marine velvet in my tank! ;D