Which Tank Control System

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mlott132, May 25, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Thinking of making the plunge into a tank control system. Trying to decide between a Reef Keeper Elite or Apex system. Kinda leaning towards the Apex as it seems to have more features but want to hear what others have to say.

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I was comparing them about a year ago and came to the conclusion that the apex is less problematic and has better support.

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

All I can say is I have an Apex and have had no issues. If I was in the market for a controller myself I would by another Apex. I have never had or seen a Reef Keeper so have absolutely nothing good or bad to say about them.

5. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I would not consider the Reefkeeper elite at this time. The new Archon does way more than it is capable of and has alot more in the works. It is worth a nod.

6. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Another vote for Apex

7. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Ended up ordering an Apex system. Looked at the Archon, but lack of display module and online interface looking cheap did not impress me.

8. Click Here!

9. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

You will love it once you get the hang of it - Apex support is top notch they helped me quite a bit in the beginning and the support forum is awesome as well. I still teak stuff and jump on that site for ideas and such. Plus LOVE the Fusion because I can check it anywhere. Work, cell etc.

10. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Got my Apex the other day. So far seems pretty easy to setup. Is anyone using either the Jebao or Aqua Illumination modules? Would like to know if they are worth it.

11. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Good decision!
    Sorry don't use either 1 of those modules myself.