which skimmer?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by ermano, Feb 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

I would like to start with thanking everyone for answering a bunch of my questions. I really appreciate it. I've been looking all over the place and asking a bunch of questions here and there...and I happen to have one more question!! :)

Which skimmer is better for a 29 gallon tank? Value wise as well as performance.

Cyclone Bak-Pak 2
    or
    SeaClone 100

Any other skimmers you guys recommend?

2. Click Here!

3. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

Seaclone...also know as the seaclown....if you wanna pop a vein get it.

The Bak-Pak 2 is ok...

I tried both when I first started my SW tank six months ago and none of them really gave the results I spected.

I ended up buying a Remora and could not be happier. The Remora started skimming from the get-go. No airline to mess with, just plug it in and forget about it. My two cents.

4. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Ditto on the Remora, so I've heard. As for the other two that you mentioned, dont waste your time and money. Luna

6. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

Seaclone is garbage!!! That's from experience. +10 on the Remora. I use the Urchin, which is the in-sump version (same design as the hang-on-back). Works great!!! I can't ask for more..