Which ro/di should I get?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by DBOSHIBBY, Nov 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

The spectrapure CSPDI is the best bet for a lower budget and you get a quailty system I had this convo with AZDR not to long ago for $145 you get a 90 gpd 1:4 waste ratio unit with a dual tds meter and a PSI gauge... not only that but some of the best filters around.

If you have the extra money go for the MAX CAP unit for $249 it has a 1:1 waste ratio and a DI resin that will last 3.5x longer then their others... but for a 10 gallon that might be a little overkill.

2. Click Here!

3. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

I got the 90 GPD CSP-DI unit and it is very well built and they have GREAT CS.

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I am surprised he hasn't chimed in yet.

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

What is the difference b/w RO(reverse osmosis) & CSP? Well, actually just what is CSP?

6. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

They are two different things just got off the phone with SP and CSP is just a model referance the unit is a 90 GPD RO/DI (CSP-DI model).

7. Seano Hermano

Thanks. That sounds like a good deal. It's a lot of water, almost too much for my tank. Think I should get it & I will have it for a larger tank in the future?

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

10. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

link is allready posted on the 2nd page i believe.And you only make what water you need,it don't keep running after your not using it.You turn the valve off,or in my case,i disconnect it from my faucet and put away after i made what i needed.

edit-sorry,first page,Blackravens post.

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The standard maxcap DOES NOT have a 1:1 waste ratio. Only the $700+ he version does. Any normal ro unit should run 1:4, otherwise your membrane will clog since it wont flush properly.

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

CSP-DI is just Spectrapures name for that particular RO/DI system, just like MaxCap, Optima, Typhoon, Mighty Mite, Premium or many others in the trade.
    SpectraPure Customer Appreciation SALE! 20% - 50% off

$145 complete for a 90 GPD full size system with a treated and tested RO membrane and custom blended reef specific DI resin plus a dual inline TDS meter and inline pressure gauge is hard to be, if you can beat it at all.

My computer was in the shop since early yesterday so I have been out of touch. Lucky me, they reimaged it so now I get to build all my files all over:-[

1 person likes this.