Which ro/di should I get?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by DBOSHIBBY, Nov 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

I have the BRS 4 stage and it works like a champ. I'm not usre how they ccompare to spectrapure but I always get 0 TDS from mine.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

You're going to get 0 TDS from any decent, well maintained unit. The difference is in how long you'll get that for before you change DI resin (much lower for BRS units than Spectrapure), how long before you change the RO membrane (the higher quality prefilters on Spectrapure lets the RO last longer before it's clogged) and the features that are on the unit like pressure gauge and inline TDS meters (BRS doesn't include them).

I mean, I have a Spectrapure MaxCap, and I have 0 TDS before the 2nd (silicabuster) DI. At this rate, the DI will last forever.

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I need to get an RODI unit. But my tank is just a 29g. Can someone recommend what size would be good for me? Des SpectraPure make a 4 stage 50GPD unit?

I hate navigating their site...

5. blackraven1425

Just go with the CSP-DI. No reason not to, TBH. The worst thing about going with a slower unit (I used to have a 24gpd) is that you end up with a flooded floor quite often. You'll forget it nearly every time haha.

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I suspect 2 things... AZDesertRat is busy and second he secretly works for Spectrapure on commissions.

Just kidding! He's very knowledgeable. I think he works on home water filtration systems or similar.

He also always posts with discounted prices for these units. So hang in there. If you wait, he will come. :D

- Mag.

7. blackraven1425

He's actually a water treatment facility guy in Arizona; I think Phoenix. So, water is his real job haha.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

What does CSP stand for? I thought you said a good unit should have 4 stages?

I'm confused....a 25GPD CSP-DI unit costs $249.99???

CSPDI SYSTEM

10. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Immmmm waiiitinggg.
    I never knew ro water would be this much research lol

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

11. johnc101

johnc101 Feather Duster

hands down spectrapure

12. cbs3315

cbs3315 Ritteri Anemone

i bought a 6 stage ro/di system for $100 and a tds meter $25 on ebay and i bought new di resin from bulk reef supply for $10. my system works perfect. jmo