Which one is better?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by theaquapond, Oct 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. theaquapond

theaquapond Bristle Worm

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Well both look like they have a flat reflector. So I would say softies and LPS only.
    I like the idea of multiple cords so you can set up a dawn/dusk period. So I would go with the second one.

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I agree,they are of "fair" quality,i liked the 2 odyseas that i had,decent but not great, you may also want to replace the bulbs with better ones as thiers are not that great.

5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

It honestly looks like they are the exact same fixture but one has extendable legs. Both are the same size, same lights, same chord set-up, etc. but the one has the legs.

6. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I have nothing but Odyssea lights on all of my tanks, I have 2 of these lights on my 75 Gallon Reef (pictured below) but only use 6 bulbs at any one time.

I have SPS, LPS, Softies and a Clam in my tank which is the reason I have 2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. You just don't have to pay for the name like you do with all the others.

[​IMG]

And they are not the same, the bottom one has built in ballasts and the top one has remote ballasts. Mine have all got the built in ballasts and I have had no issues with them.