Which med?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by PackLeader, May 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Here's an interesting thought: When this is all said and done, do you think the clowns will recognize/remember each other when back together since they were a mated pair? Or am I going to have to go through the pairing process all over again?

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I reckon for a short seperation you will have no worries on re introduction and I reckon they will probably stick close to each other until confidence is restored (Just a feeling on my part)

Steve

4. coolridernum1

coolridernum1 Feather Duster

re

True, but with bad water it will just keep stressing him.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I hope so! I have never done anything like this, so I really have no idea. Should be interesting.
    As weird as it sounds, after 2 hours in the HT the clown already looks loads better. Breathing is back to pretty much normal, slime coat looks good already, etc. Even had someone else come by and take a look that saw him this morning, and they agreed, so it's not just me being overly optimistic. I feel much better about my choice already.
    Thank god this decided to happen on a Saturday for once. At least I will be able to monitor things for most of the day tomorrow.

6. coolridernum1

HT or not

Same goes for all in the tank. if its bad water it will stress them out. hows tang looking?

hows the water?

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Tangs got spots and is scratching, but breathing and eating is fine. That's why she stays in DT for now.
    Water is as follows:
    ammonia: .05
    nitrites: detectable, but not enough to get an actual number
    Trates: 10
    PO4:0
    CA:480
    MG:1500
    dKH 14.3

Those are all 0, always across the board. That's why I know the move triggered a mini-cycle (which I already knew in advance may happen). So not much I can do about it besides ride it out. And you're right on with your comment about the water.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

best of luck with it all pack.

1 person likes this.
  10. coolridernum1

thanks

TY, and hope your day goes better tomarrow.

Your probably picky with your k LOL.

If not, I'm a k feean? fean? no clue i just want all the k in the world ok.

2 people like this.
  11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

As of this morning the clown is doing really well. Breathing, slime coat, and apetite has all returned to normal. Still showing some spots, but his over-all health has made such an improvement just in this short stay in the HT it's remarkable. I'm really happy with my choice on moving him.

12. Cat4wisson

Cat4wisson Feather Duster

I'm glad your clown is doing better.

Its precisely when I have a sick fish and the only way to get em out and into a qt is by removing 120 lbs of Lr is when I Really wish I lived in a Star Trek Universe and could just Beam em out of there. Would be a lot less stress, thats for sure.

With a little luck and your Skill both your clown and tang will live to see there new 200gal home.

Best of luck