Which led light would u guys recommend

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Nyraider30, Feb 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I love my radions. They are a ton of fun. Perfect color spectrum and if you want to change it up a little you can. Its the most amazing thing since relativity. They cost a bit, but if you look you don't se any on the secondary market for a reason. The only glitch is the software has a couple glitches that aren't a big deal. First off I can't seem to import my graph which means the changes I make take 3-5 minutes instead of 1-2.

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

for a 4ft tank you would need two

4. IBEW41

IBEW41 Astrea Snail

no they are about 10" long each and 1" thick love my 2 over 120g 4x2x2 tank

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Each radion unit measures just 12x8 I believe. For a 4 ft tank you would need two. One on either side.
    Most people usually hang them from the ceiling.
    If you are going back with a canopy, I don't think you will be able to mount them within, you would have to cut spaces at the top of the canopy.

6. oki_reefer

oki_reefer Astrea Snail

7. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

you could do 2 radions over a 4 ft tank for close to $1900 or 3 AI sols for $1200 even if you did 4 you'd still save money. I have the AI sol, and love it, I have a friend who uses a radion on one side of his tank and A AI sol on the other, and the AI sol is the clear winner on that tank in terms of growth and cost. if you like green and red LEDs then go for the Radion, but you could do the sols and very easily add green/red LED retrofit and still save money versus buying Radion. IMO go AI Sol Super Blue