Which led light would u guys recommend

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Nyraider30, Feb 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nyraider30

Nyraider30 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Im switching my 90 gal saltwater aquarium to a reef tank in the next couple of weeks so I'm starting to do my homework...can anyone recommend a led light that will go under my canopy ,one that has the built in timer and fan....I'm looking forward to having a reef tank so I'm doing my homework on everything before I jump in....thanks

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

From my research I would suggest Eco Tech Radions.There are as many AI Sol lovers on here as well. Bust most people with LED's on this server have DIY systems. Depends on your price range.

4. dunc101

dunc101 Flamingo Tongue

I like the Radions or the AI Sol's as well. Quite pricey, but very capable of keeping anything under them.

5. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

how much do you have to spend and what do you want the finished product to look like? I just bought a vertex 260 but really like the radions just not into having more then one fixture over my tank.

6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I Loooooove my AI Sols....worth every penny IMO....The output is amazing, the colors are great, my corals LOVE it, and its interesting setting the thunderstorms at about 18% chance of rain a day....its more of a "cool feature" but i do notice my inhabitants act MUCH differently when the "clouds roll in"...at 18% i notice i get about 3 thunderstorms a week...its kinda cool to come home and seeing it thunderstorming on the reef all by itself....im a reef geek tho

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I was debating this the other day, don't your fish freak out when it thinderstorms? lol, just kinda curious!

8. Click Here!

9. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I was an AI Sol lover for a while...then I bought a Radion. I would never go back. AI Sol's are great, but they don't come close to a Radion in terms of color and adjustability. However, if you're on a budget, you can go the DIY route and come out with similar features to both, at a fraction of the cost...doing so however, you lose warranties and most of the time the "professional" look.

10. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Not really "freak out" persay...but they do act differently...

11. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I must say, I love my radions. But to me the AI and the radion are almost equally as good.
    I personally would go with the radion but for just over half the price, you can get the AI Sol's

12. Nyraider30

Nyraider30 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Are the radions a 48 inch fixture with built in timer...trying to only have one fixture with a nice finished look just in case I don't put my canopy back....I'm new to this is the radions the fixture name?