Which Kelvin for Refugium

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by stud_man50, Dec 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

That's a really cool light setup, keeps the cords etc safely out of the way and looks neat and clean. Since joining this site, I now bookmark and collect "ideas" for my future "way bigger more better" tank and this got tagged. I gave you some "newbie karma" too ;D

Any chance you could take a couple more close-up photos or explain a bit more on how you made it? (I for one, would appreciate it, and I have to believe there are others out there who would as well.)

Either way, nice job on those lights - thanks for the inspiration.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. stud_man50

stud_man50 Flamingo Tongue

The sockets are outdoor sockets used for motion detected lights, they have the ceramic inserts and cost about $1.50. They are the obvious 2 wires and a ground screw with 2 or 3in leads. At the end of the socket is a 1/2in thread which fits perfectly into a PVC 1/2 thread to slip joint. From there its just 1/2in PVC pipe. Everything right now is just pressured together because I don't have a lot of splashing if you did you could glue everything or seal it. I can't take all the credit because my wife helped a little bit finding the pieces and thinking of the design. The designs are endless becuase its all PVC pipe, also all the parts were purchased at Home Depot. About $20 with bulbs. also all the wiring as you see is inside the PVC pipe, make sure you leave a little extra so when you try to piece everything together your not short on wires. Hope I can help others, if any questions about this just ask.

Attached Files: