Which is the BEST salt mix brand?

Discussion in 'Salt' started by CyberGuy, Sep 5, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

EVERY salt has it's up and downs the Tropic marin is often low in mag so you might want to keep a eye on that. The TM stuff often test out at 1000ppm when mixed. I was and still am considering the TM because of the trace minerals but every salt has some issue.

You have to weight out the pros and cons and pick what work for you. I use Oceanic and a C.R. running A.R.M.. With that mix I don't have to dose Cal/Alk/Mag into a SPS tank so I am happy with it. I am still considering the high end salts for trace minerals.
    Everyones tank is different. You just have to find what works.

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

As long as we have a Zeohead:p here now. I throw this is the high end salt ring. I didn't even know it existed until I read some zeo stuff.
    ZEOvitUSA
    "The Reefer's Salt"
    "The Reefer's Best"

4. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

I float between Coralife, IO and Reef Crystals.

BTW, Dr's F&S have a Red Tag sale going on right now. $40 for 160g RC delivered to your door after tax. IO was about $35. Not bad for almost no effort. I just ordered 4.

5. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

We should do a poll of the top 4 or 5 salt so we can see which one is the preferred one. A lot easier to do, for people who just want to vote and not post.

6. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

My lfs sells IO for $35, Reef Crystals for $45 and Oceanic for $54.

7. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

I've been using Reef Crystals since start-up and it seems to be treating the corals and fish right. I haven't had anything die off so far and have had zoos spreading and mushrooms getting bigger and fragged a ric last weekend and the half I kept has already closed into a disk so it's probably more important to stay consistent with salt, additives, top-off and maintenance more than anything.

8. Click Here!

9. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

JM,

i recently added the tests regarding tropic marin pro reef on your other thread, check it out.

JB