which is the best light out of these?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by IhasFish, Nov 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IhasFish

IhasFish Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

For a 2-bulb, I'm a fan of the AquaticLife brand, always great reviews from owners, has individual reflectors and I believe it comes with decent stock bulbs. You also have the ability to add another fixture to this one later when you have more funds. I would def upgrade to ATI bulbs with any fixture to get the most out of it:

AquaticLife 48" T5 HO 2 Lamp Fixture Marine AquaticLife 48 AquaticLife Lights AquaticLife T5 HO Light AquaticLife Light AquaticLife Lighting Dual Lamp T5 HO Aquatic Life

I think a bunch of online vendors carry it as it's out of stock at the link. For $150 you're not going to find a good quality 4-bulb unless you find it used on eBay or Craigs or local. A good 4-bulb will run you around $300 and up usually.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

With that budget you're very limited. Like mentioned CL, ebay, & Oddysea are about what choices you got.

5. IhasFish

IhasFish Plankton

Thanks for that link! that does look like a good light. only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have a fan. i heard fixures w/out fans reduce bulb life buy 25%?

6. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Skunk Shrimp

7. IhasFish

IhasFish Plankton

lol i actually had that same one 2weeks ago, before i bought the ecoxotic LED. It fell in the water while i was hanging it up in the canopy, 2 of the ballast burnt out.

8. Click Here!

9. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Skunk Shrimp

Yikes:eek:

10. gabbyr189

gabbyr189 Bubble Tip Anemone

I had a 2 bulb fixture coralife. I then got another 4 bulb fixture to add more light (Oddysea). Then the coralife broke. So I got a fish need it light to replace it. This brand is working out great for me, and is within your budget.
    T5-ho 4ft / 2LAMP Aquarium lighting
    4Ft/4Bulbs fixture