which fish to add last

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by pcs333, Oct 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pcs333

pcs333 Plankton

hi
    i have a 240ltr 4ft tank with 2 perculas and royal gramma and some shrimps.

i want to gat a powder blue tang and a hippo/blue tang, and also a flame or coral beauty angel, but before these i will be adding some chromis.

can anyone advise whether the powder blue and hippo are likely to get along ok if i introduce them about a week apart, and also whether i should be adding the tangs or angel last to the tank ??
    i have read and heard so many conflicting views on which fish should be added last to my tank, so i would appreciate any opinions and tips.

thanks guys :)

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

That tank is going to be way too small for either of those tangs.

4. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I agree that they will eventually outgrow a 4ft tank, unless you plan to upgrade or return/sell/give them away when they get too big, then I might consider adding them at the same time. Both are well known for getting Ick I've read so letting one get established before the other might cause more stress for the second one to be added.

5. pcs333

pcs333 Plankton

cheers guys
    i am thinking now of just adding one tang and upgrading tank when necessary, but should i add the tang last or the angel ??
    thanks

6. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I would add the tang last. He is much more aggressive than the dwarf angel. IMO.

7. pcs333

pcs333 Plankton

thanks ;D