Which filter is better, from Petco

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by aqatic69, Dec 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aqatic69

aqatic69 Astrea Snail

I have gotten a petco gift card and need a new filter, which would you think would be best,

Marineland Magnum 350 Pro System

AquaClear Aquarium Power Filters

:)

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

No experience with the Aqua but I've been using the Mag 350 for 15yrs and I swear by this filter. I own 2. Quiet, easily maintained and you can't beat Marine Land customer service.

4. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

i really like the aquaclear, when i had one i actually turned it into a little fuge, you can look up how to do it on youtube or something and it works great. benefit of a power filter and fuge all in one.

5. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Aquaclear all the way. You can use any media you want and like said above, a refugium.

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

AquaClear IMO. I love them because it is easy to switch out the filter media or turn into a mini fuge lol. They are also cheap and easy to fix lol.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

aquaclears are insanely easy to maintain!

8. Click Here!

9. mightyrae

mightyrae Spaghetti Worm

I'd go with the Magnum based on the amount of things that will be on the tank itself. I like the minimalist look. Both are good filters but not as good as sumps. Guess it depends on the size of the tank your putting it on and your stand situation etc. Hope it works out for you.

10. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

What size is the tank? I used my Aquaclear 110 as a fuge, and fit a sand bed, Live rock, Chaeto, Carbon, and a Heater in it, no problem! its also I believe like 10 1/2" deep, so you could fit a nano skimmer in it depending on your tank size

11. Tmobo

Tmobo T-Rev

I love AC and have used for 5 years now and have not had any problems yet. "knock on wood"