Which color sunglasses should I get?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Bloodkip, Sep 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zackscott20

zackscott20 Fire Shrimp

2. Click Here!

3. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

I spent $265 on my Oakleys brand new. I got them before most Oakley retail stores got them. And they are sick, being said I baby those things more than I do my dog. I have my cases for it, i clean them after every use.

Your right if i lost em i would be furious but i pay such close attention to em because of the price i spent. Theyre not gonna break either. The frame is solid aluminum.

And whats wrong with kids these days are they're media driven. Oakelys, Ray Bands, Costa Del Mar, Spy. etc. are worn by out favorite athletes, artists, and successful people. To wear one of those shades is almost the equivalent to a Rolex when they first popped on the scene. You didn't have to shell out 10,000 bux for one but you did because of the status associated with em. That and they make me look 10x's cooler/cuter.;D lmao

4. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I personally would not spend more than 20 bucks on some shades. I break them and loose them constantly. I actually ordered 2 pairs on amazon last week and it was 9.73 shipped lol

5. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Its all personal choice, I mean its what people want to spend thier money on.

I can think of alot of things even in this hobby that people buy that I scratch my head over. Imagine the latest LED-CO2-UV-high flow-skimmer-canuty-optimzer-gadget thingy that gets marketted for the into price of $5K. I can guarentee someone in the forum would have it on release day. Would I buy one of these super mystery gadgets even if I had the money? Probably not.

Same difference.

6. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I used to be the same way. Then I bought my first pair of oakleys and that was 8 years ago and I still have them. I've found that when you get a good pair that is comfortable and nice to wear, you seem to be able to hold on to them better. I've got 3 pairs of oakleys and a pair of spys and I will never go back to cheapys. I wear them so much that I don't want to have cheap ones that aren't comfortable. Its like shoes, I wouldn't want a 10 dollar pair of shoes that hurt my feet.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

7. Hydronaut

Hydronaut Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Personally, I have never lost or broken a pair of nice shades, and currently own a pair of Costas and two pairs of Kaenons (Costas have a lifetime warranty btw). I am guaranteed to lose cheap shades though. Every single time.

8. Click Here!

9. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

If I were doing an old school rb I'd be rocking an orange or yellow pair hehe just me though. ;) I agree with everyone who said get polarized lens. I too spend a bit more money on my shades and they last a lot longer and feel nice when I where them. I once stood in a Walmart on vacation cause I had left my shades at home by mistake and I literally tried in every pair they had and not one fit right or looked right... Just sayin :) I just retired a pair of polarized shades I had for about 4 years they costed 100$ and really the only reason I got new ones was tired of them. Got a 100$ pair of Natives hopefully they will last me at least 4 years too. My question to the people who by 10$ shades.. How many pairs do you buy in 4 years time? :) :)
    Heidi

10. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I paid almost $400 for my Polirize oakley's(RX) wrap around. Love them. Best investment I made for my eyes.

11. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Black frames and polarized lenses. They're raybans..... Come on now, shouldn't even be a question. Polarized is well worth the extra cash.. Not just for better through water vision, but it makes colors more intense and everything much sharper.

12. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

You should look at what you are wearing just like you look what you put on your tank. You won't put tap water on your tank and nothing else, or you won't put bleach on it if the water is cloudy.

With glasses you run into the same concept of "you get what you paid for" Yo don't have to spend $100+ on a pair of glasses like I do but you can get a very good pair for about $80 and polirized. A lot of people do not understand how polirezed lenses works but I tell you this: once you try them and understand how they protect your eyes you will not use anything else.

My wife did not wear sunglasses that cost more than $10 till I got her a pair of oakley dart(non-polirized) and she loved them then I got her the polirezed lens for the frame and she wont take them off.

I also got a free pair (brand new)of non-RX oakleys from my optician.

Geez, sorry I wrote so much...