Which bulbs?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Seano Hermano, Jul 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

The ATI aqua blue special is 12k.

I have x4 - x3 Aqua blue special and x1 blue plus. Its gives me a crisp white look without loosing colour. If you want you corals to really pop then i would recommend

x2 AB special
    x1 Actinic
    x1 blue plus

:)

4. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

I just got a TEK 4x39 and ordered (2) ATI blu plus (1) Aquablue special and (1) UVL superactinic and I love the look. it is a little blue but I like the blue look. The UVL superactinics will really make the colors florensce. The one aquablue special really whitens the light...much more than I thought it would but looks awesome.

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I like the UVL 454nm for actinics, personally. It gives them a bit of the florescence you see with the Actinic 03 bulbs, but not the plain Actinic ones.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I would go 2 ATI blue plus and 1 ATI aquablue special and 1 UVL Actinic white to make your reds and yellows pop.

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

thanks everyone.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this, but I want the actinic look..at night, & daylights for the day. The 2x24w is for all my bulbs.

So should I go with 3 kinds of actnic bulbs(for night lighting) & 1 daylight(for day lighting)? Or 2 day light & 2 night?