which brand cube aquarium too buy ?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by chum, Sep 18, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

looking to purchase a medium to large cube aquarium. looking for one with a center overflow. any input on which brand may be better than others ? i have done some research but like to hear from people with experience.

Billme likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

Not the marineland 60 for sure (unless they have changed the design). The way the overflow box is built you cannot get to the bulkheads which totally sucks if you get a leak.

zesty likes this.
  4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Hey chum, I can vouch for the quality of SCA aquariums. The only down side so far is that the plumbing is metric. I ended up converting all the plumbing to US standards. But the tank and cabinet are very good quality.

5. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

Hey Bill, I been thinking about buying the SCA aquarium 90 gallon cube but I need a pic of the canopy from the top and inside to decide if I can mount my lighting system inside it. Can you post any photos for me please?

6. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I'll be glad to dyno, but I have the 120. On mine the canopy height is adjustable. I'll probably set mine to the max, about 7 inches. I'll measure when I get home.

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I like my Solana, they also make an "XL" version of it which is 60g, 24X24X24. the 34g is 20X20X20

8. Click Here!

9. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thanks for all the input !