Urgent Where's my Wrasse???

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Nismo400rgtr, Dec 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have a small sixline I bought and introduce almost two weeks ago. She's pretty chubby and feeds well. Though skittish when I approach the tank, she'll hide briefly and then come out and avidly swim about her business. I fed just Thursday night and she was in there. Came home yesterday from work and didn't see her anywhere. Thought maybe she was just hiding out and as of this writing today, I have yet to spot her. Do they hide in length sometimes? I found nothing outside the tank, thinking she jumped, but theres nothing inside either that I can see, ie. Dead Fish. Did my elegance eat her? Idk...

2. Click Here!

3. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

In a 55 Gallon tank with liverock there are plenty spaces for a sixline to hide and not be seen for a day or two.

The clowns could be bullying the sixline - they are really peaceful and the clowns are sometimes jerks to other fish . . .

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Probably sleeping. They make a mucous cocoon when they sleep. You won't see it until it wakes up because they will blend in with the rock.

5. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Clowns could be bullying it....What about overflow? and also have you checked your sump? sometimes small fish will get sucked in the over flow and trapped in the sump.

6. Nismo400rgtr

Don't have a sump, therefor no overflow. There's nothing else in the tank it could've been sucked into. It's about 2 1/2" long. Never seen the clowns bully it before but my one clown is now hosting my elegance and I saw the wrasse picking around it Thursday night. I only know of the one hiding spot it likes when I approach the tank and it isn't in there.It always dissappeared at night but I'd see it when my lights came back on. As for its other hiding places I don't know where they are. Could it have gotten stuck in a rock? I was gonna try to feed some tonight to see if I can trick it out of hiding if that's what it's doing.

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Sometimes wrasses disappear for days at a time. I had a flasher wrasse that would do that. The best bet is to just wait and see if she comes out. If a long length of time passes and you haven't seen her, then she may have died in the rocks.

But for now, she's probably just hiding!

8. Click Here!

9. Nismo400rgtr

I really hope so KC, I have an emotional attachment to all my pets. Just no apparent reason that she would've died, being so plump and all. She was really good not to bother my corals as well. I haven't dosed anything either since Thursday night. Doing a water change tomorrow so hopefully if she's in there It won't stress her too much more than she might be. Thanks.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I hope she comes out!! Fingers crossed for ya :)

11. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

My 6 line was gone for 3 days, he hid in some TINY little place, i never figured out where he slept or anything...He is probebly just hiding....Wouldnt worry about it.

12. Nismo400rgtr

Thank you for the comforting words. I'll keep this updated.