where to place my corals

Discussion in 'Coral' started by gfoot2000, Sep 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

so i bought some frag packs today that consist of zoos, acan, xenia, and a torch

i have a 60cube, i have 2 powerheads in the back one on the left and one on the right both blowing forward, my light is 4x t5s 2white2act. and a ecoxotic par38 spotlighting on my sps

im not exactly sure where to put my acan, xenia and torch, can you guys help me kind of just have an idea of where to put them?

2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

the torch needs to be down in the sand in fairly low flow. The acans can handle moderate flow, but they like the bottom as well. And xenia can grow anywhere. But if the flow is too high, you don't get to enjoy the pumping action.

4. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

+1 on the above. I have had tons of acans, and most of them have liked the sand and have had the best color. But when i had T5's and PC's they liked it about half way up the tank in moderate flow. So if your not getting the best color out of them, move them down.

For the torch, since your lighting is not EXTREME you could have it on a rock about half way up, but no more or it might get uncomfortable, as long as its extending fully and not getting any more then moderate flow, it should be happy. IME torches can handle a tad more then a frogspawn can.

For the zoos, bascially anywhere. Just but them in a moderate-high flow area, i have learned that it will help them grow a bit faster with a nice flow rate and a good steady position. So put them anywhere where they get good light and good flow.

The xenia can go anywhere like he said. Its a VERY hardy coral and should be okay anywhere. In too much flow it will grow toooooo fast and take over your tank, and also you wont be able to see the pulsing. So for the best enjoyment of xenia, put it in low-moderate flow and let it grow.