Where to place 250-300W Heater 18in Long?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Jmblec2, May 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

So I am trying to find the best solution to put a 250 or 300 watt heater in my tank. the heaters are 17.5 to 18 inches long.

Jäger TruTemp Submersible Heaters

its for a 90 gallon tank with a 20 gal sump with baffles. I can't find a place to put the heater with the baffles.

any suggestions would be a great help!

Thanks all.

2. Click Here!

3. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

Have these already been purchased? If so, you could look to fit them in your overflow (if your tank is reef-ready).

If you have not purchased yet, look into buying 2 150W (or 3 100W) heaters instead. Might be more expensive, but if one fails (like gets stuck ON) it most likely will not nuke your tank before you can discover it. Later on, you'll probably look into buying a controller to help minimize this as well.

4. Jmblec2

No the heaters have not been purchased. The tank is reef ready and was considering putting it in the overflow, wanted to see if anyone would suggest it. As far as 2 150 or 3 100 watt heaters i have head the it is not a good idea to run 2 heaters or 3 in this case because they do not function well together. Was hoping not to get a controller. Trying to keep things as basic as possible.

Is my best solution putting the heater in the overflow?

5. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I would if you dont have the room but you have to look at how easy it is to acess when you do need to adjust it

6. Jmblec2

thanks for the input! anyone else?