Where to get replacement Hagen chems?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by glocklt4, Nov 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. glocklt4

glocklt4 Astrea Snail

I noticed that for SOME reason my Hagen Master kit has different sized bottles of chemicals of which a large and small bottle require the same amount of drops. Obviously i'm going to run out of the small at least twice as fast as the large.

So, where do I order individual replacement chemicals?

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

I have the same test kit... i dont think you cant buy the individual bottles but you can buy (lets say your running out of the nitrate chem) the nitrate chems alone... i saw them at prety much any fish store.

Hope it helps

4. glocklt4

glocklt4 Astrea Snail

Hmm.. that's not good. Are all of these chemicals generic that I can just purchase a replacement of any of them?

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I believe they are packaged in different sized bottles so that they run out at the same time. Or the same amount of Chem is in each bottle they just package them differently for ease of Identification.
    I have used Hagen test and never ran out of one bottle before the other

Jason

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

For what it's worth, you might try contacting Hagen.
    When I needed some new SeaChem calcium reagent, I wrote them an email and they sent me some free of charge.

7. glocklt4

glocklt4 Astrea Snail

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=Water;num=1099941341;start=0#4 date=11/11/04 at 21:07:45]For what it's worth, you might try contacting Hagen.
    When I needed some new SeaChem calcium reagent, I wrote them an email and they sent me some free of charge.[/quote]

Wow, awesome!! Guess i'll have to do the same if i run out of one before the other.

8. Click Here!

9. glocklt4

glocklt4 Astrea Snail

Ok, so i finally realized that the tip of the smaller bottles is smaller, thus the surface tension can't hold to it as long and it makes smaller drops. So 7 drops from a big bottle and 7 drops from a small bottle should last the same if they are proper ratio drops to the capacity of the bottles.

Shouldn't get out of sync :).

Maybe with the ones that you "add until ... " though.