Where to get big clams...

Discussion in 'Clams' started by jay02483, Mar 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

man im getting frustrated, my lfs about a year 1/2 ago sold me a crocea beautiful blue+purple color for 50 bucks and the clam was about 5.5 inches big.The Clam unfortunately died in a shipping "accident" by ups. now i cant find any clams over the size of 4.5-5inches. I want to get a clam for my parents reef tank, but im not there to watch a baby clam. Anyone know where to get big clams?(perferrably crocea or maxima)

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

ReefEmpire when they do their auctions have croceas ranging normally 3-6 inches and sometimes maximas 2-3... range around 30-50 dollars depending on the clam.

4. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

I just sold my 18" squamosa, but the weight would have precluded shipping it. With the smallest styrofoam container I could use, water, and clam, it was all I could do to carry it.

5. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

An lfs close to my house has a big clam for sale. It has to be 8"+. They want $149 for it though.

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Right now, unless you buy from an auction, plan on paying around $100 for a large clam. Like others said RE auctions that occur weekly are a good place to buy them. I would suggest either there or liveaquaria.com if you are willing to pay a lot more for one.

7. DanKistner

DanKistner Coral Banded Shrimp

I just got one from TritonsGarden (Crocea) that was about 4" and it was like $40 on there WYSIWYG I don't remember how much the shipping was.

8. Click Here!

9. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

My local LFS has a few big clams like 6"+. They are in Northampton, PA. They do sell online I don't know if they sell the clams online though. Their site is Something Fishy

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

11. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

do u know if hes shipping or not?

12. SinCityReef

SinCityReef Astrea Snail

Where could I find these reefempire auctions?