where to get base rock?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by get.grounded, Oct 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

I will not run a salt tank without a sump regardless of the size. I just redid my sump on my 125. I had about a 30g wet dry i converted. Now i have a 55g sump and a wicked skimmer.

I use maxi jet 1200's that i modded.. the mod is easy.. just slides in.. have roughly 1200gph for about $30. (it says its rated for 2000gph but that isnt true performance). May want to check that out for flow. I know all about budget.

If you want a decent light fixture for cheap, check out Aquatraders - Wide selection of Aquarium Lightings including T5 HO, Power Compact, Metal Halide
    They are chinese fixtures, but work really well for the price. Yeah they arent a nova fixture, or a tek, but they are also 1/3 the price so. The pro models have buillt in digital timers and everything. I know MANY people with these fixtures. Love them. I use a halide fixture from here.

2. Click Here!

3. get.grounded

get.grounded Feather Duster

cool man thanks ill deffently look into those fixtures. i have a maxi1200 on my skimmer now. ive heard such good things about koralia i might just have to get those lol

4. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Korelia's.. ehh.. they are nice.. just because they are a cheaper prop. They had issues with leaking current into the water at one point.

The mod to the maxi actually makes it a propeller though, and it puts out as much flow as a k3 in my opinion and it is a more broken up flow compared to the stock maxi which is a straight jet. Still something to look into.

Lets just say this... i have a modded maxi on my 6 foot tank.. and it reaches across it.... and it blows sand around in the middle.