Where to buy push to connect fittings?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by zesty, Jul 17, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I am looking for some specific 1/2 tube push to connect fittings. I'm finding it not to be as easy as google lends me to think it is. I've searched for John Guest, Mur-lok and just push to connect. The only thing that has gotten me close is Grainger, but I'm not a thousandnaire, so if there is a cheaper place to buy, I'm all ears... haha! I'm pretty new to these style of fittings, so if I'm going about this all wrong, that would not surprise me! ;D

This is the specific fitting I am looking for. It's a swivel 90º 1/2" NPT to a 1/2 tube. Attached is a picture of the fitting I am looking for. It came off a BRS dual media reactor.

First question is, is this one or two fittings? It looks like where the 90º meets the threaded piece is another push to connect connection. I haven't really tried to pull it apart other than to investigate the part a bit.

Second question, can I do this easier with two fittings? I know the CTS size of 3/8" push to connect fitting will fit the 1/2" plastic tube size. The 3/8" size is more readily found in the big box stores. Possibly could pick up instead of doing the online order stuff...

Thanks!
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Have you looked at a local Home Depot or Lowes?

4. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I have a couple times. Now that I thought about the fact that this could be put together in two different fittings, I'm going to go back and see what I can put together.

Thanks

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Agreed, HD or Lowes should carry what you need, or at least get you there with two fittings.

6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

yeah, honestly when I went into hD/mrds/lowes, they didn't have the exact fitting and I left. Now that I am thinking I could get it done in 2 fittings, I will have to go back and see.

thanks!

7. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Amazon.com look for a company called Purenex I recently rebuilt most of my R.O. from them. Also BRS (Bulk Reef Supply had a bunch of stuff as well.

8. Click Here!

9. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

ok, I tinkered some more with this fitting. I think they sell these two seperate fittings pretty standard, I haven't looked yet, but this may make it much easier to get.

Attached Files:

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I went to ace hardware and they had a better selection. Amazon is also a good bet

11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

ok, I think now this is become much easier to find.

I think I can use this Male NPT to push to connect and this mur-lok elbow with stem

Looking at these, they look similar to the picture I just posted. Anyone care to confirm?

Thanks! This is a bit exciting if it works!

12. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

+1, Ace is the best hardware store in the area. They always have more specific needs than the big box stores.