Where should i put my new mp10??

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Toallhisdoom, Aug 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Ok so should be delivered tomorrow and i want to know where to put it.

I have included a pic of the tank so you can see the rock work, not sure if its bad to have it pointed at the rock work, will that mess up current?

I have 2 750s and a 550 evo in there now, so i am thinking mp10 on 1 end, 2 750s on other end, and then the 550 in the back.

What mode is the best? the 750s and 550 will be constant so i do not know how this will affect the function of the mp10.

any ideas?

should i just stick it directly in the middle of either side? or higher so it is above the rock work?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. ChrisBs

ChrisBs Purple Spiny Lobster

i run my mp40 on reef crest mode from the right side only running at about 35% power as its in a small tank the fish seem to be healthier for the added water flow

4. Toallhisdoom

Yea i was thinking reef crest mode. just gotta find best placement.

5. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Putting it on one end, and the 2 750's on the other should be fine. The modes don't really apply with one MP10. Most of the modes need 2 or 3 MP10's to utilize the function completely. Save up, grab another to replace the 750's and put them on anti-sync Reef Crest mode, opposite sides. You'll have more than enouugh flow, and random too!

6. Toallhisdoom

more then enough in a 75gal? i was told i would need 1 mp10 and 1 mp40. but anyways, i guess ill just stick it in the mid of one end for now! thanks guys.

7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Yeah sorry...didn't get the 75. 2 MP10's can work for a 75. An MP40 would be better. You could go with 2 MP10's on the sides, Reef Crest mode, and keep the 2 750's, put them on the back angled toward the center to create new flow patterns. That would be good for a 75.

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

ahh good idea. maybe i will do that.