Where is My Algae??

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Jonreefy, May 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jonreefy

Jonreefy Astrea Snail

How long will it take for coralline algae to take over my tank, I am dosing Reef Complete for calcium and its around 400ppm ( I will get it higher w/ time and dosing)and I have a SG of 1.025-1.026 and am dosing Purple Tech every night in my 40gal tank. I have some coralline algae on some rocks bought w/ coral on it and I have a little coralline that grew really thin on one rock.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Give it time it takes a while. High phosphates are hard on coralline algae. How long has your tank been up?

4. Jonreefy

Jonreefy Astrea Snail

2 years 3 months. 0 phosphates

5. Jonreefy

Jonreefy Astrea Snail

Tank had kinda a hard set up It was previously owned and up and running the tank looked pretty bad. So I dissasmbled it and did about everything wrong you could do. (dont ask long story) Now its looking great.

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Anything you dose to promote coralline (like Purple Tech) is mostly calcium, so you're effectively double-dosing your calcium.

It takes a while, but once it starts it'll move pretty quickly. Take a toothbrush and brush some of the rock that has coralline on it or scrape some off to help seed it better.