Where is everyone? :)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by oldfishkeeper, May 20, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Since my crash, I've been a little scarce on the forums (not much to share unfortunately) but I've noticed that traffic has been very slow when I've popped in here. I have always enjoyed the smaller community on this forum but it seems like so few are on here? any ideas? I was a member when this forum was a very active place with frequent users.

DSC reef, Corailline and Zissou like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

I second that! I really don't think the hobby has shrunk so what's up, every person has a darn camera on their phones these days so start posting people. I too miss the traffic and fun, insightful knowledge that this community brings to our fellow reefers. I'm with you oldfishkeeper. :(

DSC reef and Corailline like this.
  4. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

This comes up every now and then. According to a reddit thread last week, forums in general are on the decline. For beginners, forums are a wealth of new information, but over the years as individuals master their hobby, many experienced reefers are uninterested in the same ole noob topics.

Plus there isn't much BRS hasn't throughly covered in a video that discusses the majority of common reefing topics here or anywhere else. Personally, at this point (8yrs) I'm just in it for the pictures. I enjoy seeing other peoples reefs and fish, but I hardly comment anymore. Thats just how it goes...

civiccars2003 and Corailline like this.
  5. Mark Ramsey

Mark Ramsey Plankton

Don't feel bad, I get reamed when I said something like that on another site. But, quite a few agreed with me.
    The rest made me feel like an idiot. I'll not post on that site again, I don't like being ridiculed, thank you very little.

dacianb, DSC reef and Zissou like this.
  6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

well according to what whiskey tango said, and i agree, that would mean then that the majority of advice given to noobs comes from....well noobs (FnBn? *for noobs by noobs*)...thats a rather viscous circle and must be broken.....

P.s nice pic mark :p

WhiskyTango likes this.
  7. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Yup, often it's the beginners who are the most enthusiastic to help/explain stuff they just learned to other beginners. 3reef is awesome. I'm not leaving until I get a 404 error.

8. Click Here!

9. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I noticed this as well.
    Less and less ppl here, so I myself had to go elsewhere for help.

10. Nrs2b

Nrs2b Plankton

As a noob I was wondering the same. Also noticed it on a few other sites....

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I check in almost every day. 3reef was my 1st real love when it comes to forums, I have pretty much seen and been a part of them all.

As with everything life happens regardless of how I want it to happen.

Wishing you all the best. I miss some of the oldies but goody members as well.

I am in for the long hall regarding the hobby, moved my tank 3 times since last Nov. Sorry Mindy I did not know you had experienced a crash. :(

Everyone here pretty much knows where they can find me.

This thread really stirred some great memories and some sadness. :cry:

Take care fellow hobbyist.

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Some of us are still here! A few new additions as well, my wife joined. I know what you mean though. Wonder where zesty is, he was always a lively poster. Lol