Where do you buy your LPS?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Astrick117, Feb 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I am looking to pick up a few favias, acans, etc. Anyone have suggestions of good places to get them? I'm looking for decent quality for a great price.

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

4. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Truthfully depending on what your looking for I would say ebay is always a great possibility. Alot of sellers have multiple items so you can pick up quite a few things at one time. I have ordered from quite a few ebay sellers and never had any issues. Just do the standard issue ebay homework and make sure you look at feedback and especially shipping costs.

If you are really looking for specific pieces, types, or colors there are a few places that are sponsors here, and recommend them as well.

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Well, I'm glad you said that you've bought off of ebay before because I just found a whole bunch of favia's on there a few days ago and the place will combine shipping on all corals purchased during the same day. AKA- here goes a good chunk of my paycheck!

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

I usually prefer local. Then there is no question what you are getting. For online stick with WYSIWIG places. Some are still better than others though. You can save a lot though, by waiting for enough to order to get free shipping. I haven't really dealt with ebay much on corals, but seems like shipping could get expensive, unless you happen to win a lot of auctions from the same seller. Also, I just don't trust a lot of ebay sellers, the ones I trust have regular storefronts with free shipping anyways, it's never been my experience that you see money on ebay. Usually in life, you get what you pay for..

7. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I perfer local as well, but unfortunately my last LFS closed thier salt tank & now my next closest LFS is 80 miles away. You did bring up a few valid points I shouldve included. Your best bet like mentioned is to filter down the auctions to just one seller so you dont get out of control shipping when you add it up from seperate sellers. Alot of buyers now list mostly WYSIWYG, and I wouldnt shop from any but those. There is a couple for example that keep listing miami hurricane & mummy eye chalices for pretty good price (the big two I want), but they wont show the frags so I pass them by and keep searching.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

i've used LA, and saltcritters.com, they are small for sure, but usually $5 frags with cheap shipping!

10. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

This is a great point and I found a seller that is WYSIWYG and will ship any auctions that end on the same day for $30 for the first coral and $2 more for each subsequent one. Shipping is overnight and they have a ton of auctions that all end within like 3 hours of each other.

I think its time for me to do some major tank stocking :thumb_up: