Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by PharmrJohn, Aug 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I just did some testing tonight and need a little advise as to where to go from here.

dKH: 10
    Ca: 420
    Mg: 1350
    pH: 8.3
    NO3: 20

My tank went down for three days. On Monday, there was a leak. On Thursday, it was fixed, feeding resumed and I am still trying to tinker with my skimmer to get it to work right. I do use RODI water. Last Sunday, I did a 30% water change and ended doing about the same on between Thursday and today. So that's my story and I am sticking to it. Anything I should do looking at the numbers?

2. Click Here!

3. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Everything looks good to me. Nitrates might be slightly elevated because your skimmer is still breaking in, and the fact that your tank was down for three days. Otherwise, I'd say you're good to go. If your dKH or Ca gets any lower, than I'd supplement them, as I try to never allow dKH below 10 and Ca below 400. I like to keep dKH between 10 and 12, and Ca around 450 (although anything 400 or above is just fine), as this allows me a little bit of "wiggle room". I keep Magnesium above 1300 (anything 1320 and above, but no more than 1450).