Where did these people go??

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by elweshomayor, Jul 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

;D lol.

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I used to think of myself as a new member, but now I guess I'm one of the older, participating members.

In response to several comments before, I don't think 3reef has changed in a negative way at all. IMO, it's still the same great site with a great environment. There's enough freedom to get your point across, but enough moderation to keep it fun and prevent unnecessary threads.

It does seem that there have been many more teenagers joining and participating in this site. I think this is a really good thing, but I have noticed that some comments and attitudes have gotten a little worse.

In my years on this site, I've noticed an ebb and flow of members as well. There will be a member who has just started a build, they will post a lot, then when it's finished, they won't post any more. There are also those who have gotten tired of answering the same question over and over again, which does become tedious, but I enjoy it b/c it has helped me really understand several areas in this hobby. I enjoy giving advice and sharing my knowledge and I am always learning something new nearly everytime I visit this site.

4. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Well I can say I miss all the members. I would look forward to what the had to say! I have been thinking the same thing.... where did you guys go. They have been good to me over the years. I have it all with there advice exp luna!

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I knew you couldn't keep away from it ;D

And you still are a friend...... ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

May I just point out that the biker guy above me is definitely considered one of the old farts of 3reef ;) Good to see ya Otty :D

And I believe that more young people are joining this forum because it's summer and they're out of school, and this hobby is becoming much more affordable. Plus the younger you are, the more fluent with the internet you are (or so it seems) ::)

I'm the exception...cause I joined because of my mom. And I barely pay for anything with our tanks, I just had to pay for my mantis tank and that's it :) The reef tank's my mom's money, I just do the dirty work :lol:

7. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

shareing is caring they alway say ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

10. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

11. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Am here still kicking... tanks up and running like a champ new mods Octopuss HB100 skimmer. Jbj nano chiller 1/15. hqi 150 HQI 14k.. all on a 24gal Aquapod..

Been busy with work, gone all the time traveling with the railroad. Along with selling birds on the side cuz every day is mating season in our aviary.. lol

Hobby Finch Ohio - A Bravenet.com Hosted Site

Best of luck to all...
    Deff have a safe summer...!!

12. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

yeah... well.. see..
    what had happen was...;D