Where did these people go??

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by elweshomayor, Jul 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ultraner

Ultraner Purple Spiny Lobster

Its been 101 here constantly for the last 3 days. I came home yesterday to a tank that was 89 degrees..you wanna talk about freakin lol! I freaked. I haven't been on nearly as much lately and mostly due to summer activity's. Don't count me out though I'm still trollin!

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thank you. It's been hard.
    Yes, we picked May 13th (yes it IS Friday the 13th...no superstition here lol).
    I got my dress and matching jewelry from a lady who bought it in advanced and then got pregnant and gained a lot of weight so she couldn't fit into it. It was only $80 for the dress, earrings, necklace, shawl and tiara....so not a bad deal.

4. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Just catching up on this thread and that is so sad. I just got some ponies too. One didn't make it the other seems fine....swimming around looking for food and eating.

Has been hot in the day here but nice and cool at night so I can lave the back door open and have a fan bring in cool air...cooled it down so much the tank heaters have had to go on.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye. It's summer.
    Personally I have a lot of things going on while still juggling 3reef. I have more prominent things planned for the near future, but for now there are a lot of maintenance and upkeep issues that are keeping my 3reef time behind the scenes a bit. Chatbar has been enhanced with requested features recently and more is coming soon.

As for people coming and going - it does go in waves and that is life. I've learned to thicken my skin a bit. I can go back nearly 10 years here while thinking of people that have had a stretch here and made it a better place. I wish they all would stay forever as I consider many friends, but while I deal with insurance claims, family stuff and a new job, I have realized that there are obviously real issues which draw people away. Once in a blue moon, some of the real old-timers pay a visit and I always make new friends. That is a good enough for me.

matt

6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

hey ive never said i was going home to take a cold shower and stop working did i?
    If im in the middle of an operation I can still wish i was home taking a cold shower cant i? doesnt mean ill do it..:p

and yes im at work.. I work at my dads restaurant, but its barely 4 months old so we dont have many people and im a cashier.. so im at the computer till someone arrives.;D still pretty hot though.

oh and PS.. im pretty sure if ill be a neurologist ill give my soul to save the patients life. So. a cold shower can wait.;)

7. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

i was born in a friday the 13th.. and i cant really say im unlucky. :p

8. Click Here!

9. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

wow.. well said matt:p

1 person likes this.
  10. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

I am not on because of the whole summer thing. Leave for work at 0430 back home around 1800.

11. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Cashier @ the computer? And thinking about a "cold shower" while "working"?

Assistant: "Doctor Wesho, you're sweating. Are you OK? Shall we abort
    the brain transplant?"

Doctor Wesho: "Oh no, heavens no nurse. Its just hot in this surgery suite
    and I was just thinking of...Uuumm.......

[​IMG]

......of a cold shower at home"

:hehe: :laugh5: :computer: :gorgeous::LolLolLol;D

1 person likes this.
  12. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

<~~~~still alive and kicking! ;D busy busy busy! Have the grand daughter for the summer. I go out to my shed every now and then and look at the 135 and think of what was....Waiting till I can afford solar everything so I can hook it all back up again. Not holding my breath though lol.

Brandon, I'm not banned....hmmm wow that was a huge miscommunication. I still have those powerheads and another "surprise" in a box sitting on my kitchen table. I really do need to send them to you. (I'm a bad friend):(.

Matt, Love what you've done with the site. Looks real good! A lot of nice features!

I do miss you guys and think of you often.

Someone said earlier that the old timers get tired of answering the same questions over and over....yep, that'd be me. I just can't do it. I like to look things up and if I can't find it then ask. I figure if I have nothing nice to say(or get aggravated) then I shouldn't say anything. Gets me in less trouble. :)

Anyway...Hello all!