When should i notice a difference

Discussion in 'Algae' started by TonysReef, Aug 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TonysReef

TonysReef Feather Duster

Well i did it...i picked up a nice RO kit from puretec does 100GPD, i been battleing brown alage, green etc...How long does it take to see results i have a 55 Gallon tank and do a 5 gallon water change almost everyweek.

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

Adding RO wont water to a tank with nutrients wont change anything, you still have to export the nutrients out of there. How many water changes have you done? (You are doing the right amount and everything...will take some time from results from the RO)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. TonysReef

TonysReef Feather Duster

i have done about 2 since i installed the RO kit, i also have Chemi-pure and a softball size of cheato in my sump...started off as a golf ball.

5. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Give the tank a few weeks, each water change will begin to dilute the excess nutrients. What are your current parameters? You can do a couple large changes to get started with and then stick to 15%weekly until you get where you want to be.

6. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

You could also use some poly-filters to remove any heavy metals or contaminants. Poly-Filter is the name brand. Its very popular for removing copper from the water column. I would feed every other day and keep doing weekly water changes. It will take awhile but it will be well worth it. Good Luck

7. TonysReef

TonysReef Feather Duster

ok ill increase the % of water i do weekly to 15% that wont be a problem. ill look into that poly filter i seen in at my LFS. Thanx for the info guys

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

time and more water changes will help, you will see results, there is just a lot to export etc...

10. dirtydavenkc

dirtydavenkc Purple Spiny Lobster

is the unit rodi or just ro. if just ro i would buy a add on di resin unit