When Priority Overnight doesn't mean Priority Overnight

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, Apr 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

DHL is almost strictly international only now. They are slowly phasing out their domestic shipping routes. There are only a few open between major cities now I believe.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I've been through this before but it never gets easier. One time I had a $5,000 shipment coming. Around noon, I realized that Southwest Air Freight hadn't called me yet to tell me my shipment was in. I called ERI and they confirmed they had shipped. I called Southwest and they told me they would have to call me back....they have no idea where my shipment was. What?!?! Around 7 pm, they called me back to let me know that my shipment was in Arizona. There was a problem with the plane and they did an emergency landing. It was July or August and 100 degrees. They moved all of the passengers to a new plane and they flew off. However, they left all of the cargo on the plane while they repaired whatever was wrong with it. My fish and corals were sitting in the heat all day long. The plane finally arrived and I picked up my shipment at quarter to 1 AM. At 1, they close for the night so I picked up one of my competitors shipments too since they weren't there (as the freight warehouse wasn't air conditioned and it was still 85 degrees). Obviously, I sent my employees home at closing time so I had to open and acclimate my own shipment as well as theirs by myself. I ended up being there pretty much all night long and still had to open the store the next morning. Believe it or not, there was very little die-off however, I was very careful to temperature acclimate and I used copious amounts of Prime.

4. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I did not know that.

My company uses UPS exclusively. They screw up all the time, but give us the best rates, so it is who we use... honestly I think FEDEX screwed up more, but it's really tough to say.

I agree with the above poster that it's the local drivers who cause the issues... I've seen first hand these guys just not give a flying F#C|<

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sorry to hear Inwall. I have always had my packages sent to my work address unless I brain freeze and forget to change to my business address. I have not had problems with delivery even when there were storm delays in Memphis with FedEx. Home delivery has always been whenever it was convienient for them.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Well, the shipment arrived at 3:06. I have the bags floating in the 125 to temperature acclimate even though these guys are going into a different tank. I have the lights off so I can't see how they are doing yet.

7. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

Well you posted this on the perfect day. Was to receive my cuc from John today. Well its currently 1:20 mins late so I called the post office and they said well we haven't even received it yet I says well it was picked up yesterday he says well { now remind you I live in Erie Pa. ] its not even in Pittsburgh yet I says do you know why and he says well sometimes we use FEDEX planes and I say *** and you have a nice day sir. I cannot believe there are that many incompetent people in the United States and we still have a 8% unemployment rate. OK now I feel better. Sorry.

8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I used to call DHL DH-H*ll when they were still in service around here. They were completely terrible around this part of the country. The big problem with them is everything went to OH to get sorted. So if someone sent a package from CA to AZ, it went to OH in transit. ::)

I've had very few, if any, problems with UPS or FedEx around here. But I am about 8 min from the main hub where everything comes into town.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh FedEx and their guaranteed times - gotta love 'em!

I've had so many issues with FedEx....RAWR.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I get a lot of packages, so mail carriers tend to hate me. Especially when it's 10 boxes of salt and they have to walk up stairs.

The Fed Ex kid rides around with his iPod on so he can't even hear me. wait, I just thought about it, he's driving around with earbuds! Is he nuts! I just met the UPS guys and he's awesome! He could carry a milk truck! No fair. I get the non hearing/communicating skinny runt for my live deliveries.

I'm planning to never ever ever ever move again. I plan to tip well at Christmas as an incentive to try and get these guys to not hate me.

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Well, I'm trying out a new sponsor. I have some corals coming from 10 Dollar Frags. What do you think the odds are of me receiving my corals by the required 10:30 delivery time? LOL Luckily, this time, the maximum temperature today is going to be 76 degrees.