When Priority Overnight doesn't mean Priority Overnight

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, Apr 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Wow...that's sounds like it would be awesome to have him. :)

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Had this same issue last week with Fed ex. Apparently even if your shipment is not affected by a delay somewhere in the country they hold the trucks until the last shipment arrives.:angry:

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I feel your frustration Curt. FedEx killed some corals I had ordered only it was snow storms in Kansas that was the "delay" even though the box had already landed in Sioux Falls and was loaded on the truck. The clincher was when they "attempted delivery" while I was home and delayed my rare male G. Glaborous. I haven't placed an order with anyone that only offers FedEx overnight since.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Ugh!!!! I love G. glaborous.

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Have you tried filling a request for refund? I have a part time job at a shipping company for the summers I'm home from college and if Fedex or UPS guarantee it by a certain time and it doesn't get there by then, we can 99% of the time get our money back.

7. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

I am in exactly the same shoes. My shipment of frags from Blue Zoo Aquatics got here at 1:45pm instead of by 10:30. Hopefully that was not long enough of a delay to really hurt anything.

I called them to complain and ask for some kind of refund. They said they do not issue refunds when delays are due to weather. They said all planes arrived late last night/this morning and all overnight services are on a 2h30m delay.

Drip acclimating now.

8. Click Here!

9. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

UPS and FedEx both suck. DHL is better for guaranteed deliveries, but unfortunately no one uses them.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I'm worried there might be a freight claim beyond the cost of just the shipping. If these were zoanthids, mushrooms, and leathers, I wouldn't even be worried. Unfortunately, this shipment consists of sensitive acros, montis, chalices, etc.

11. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

If it's a few hours late, I wouldn't worry... if it's more than a day, I would.

12. Ddubya

Ddubya Skunk Shrimp

I can honestly tell you I drive a semi for fed ex from columbus ohio to somerset pa and back everyday and we all drive 70-75 mph even in most 55 mph zones I know you all see us out there flying past you.
    It's not the weather that holds us up either we drive rain snow or shine. It is the local drivers you see in the small trucks that mess up they get a sheet every morning with what deliveries need to be there 1st but they ignore it and do whats closest to them making their day shorter.