what's your dirty little secret?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Nov 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

one of the brilliant things about the internet is its relative anonymity. we are interacting with each other separated by miles of wires, each in the comfort of our own homes, safely behind closed doors, free to say and do almost anything we please with limited consequence. however, on a forum like 3reef we are exposed to a much more fulfilling internet phenomena in which we can build relationships, have meaningful encounters and genuinely grow to know people as a family (great idea for a new 3reef motto: "It's not just fish, it's family").

i would like to take full advantage of both those facts for the entertainment of all. operating within the safety of anonymity as well as in an effort to better know those people around us, AND for a good laugh all around; What is your dirty little secret?

i'll get us started. i ride motorcycles, own guns, play sports, drink scotch. yet, i am an avid Martha Stewart viewer. i enjoy cooking, interior design and seasonal decorating. even my wife calls me "a little light in the loafers". i actually learned how to parallel park like a pro from watching Martha teach her nephew how to do it in a golf cart.

alright, i know some of you have better than that. Triplemom, feel free to give us Jwin's for him. I know he's a bit shy and might not be as truthful as his virtuous mother...

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

at 45 I still mime to rock songs pretending Im the lead guitarist (and perdiocally get caught out doing this which is very embarrasing when it happens)

I have the worlds largest collection of air guitars

Steve

1 person likes this.
  4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I like Air Supply... shhhhh nobody knows and don't repeat it.

5. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

My mom is friends with Graham's mother, and he's actually been over to our house. ;)

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I'm just trying to figure out how my name ended up in this already...:lol:

I have a shrine of zjpeter and Matt Rogers in my closet. I have dinner with them quite regularly, actually. Is that so wrong? :lol:

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

maybe we can have a dueling air guitar comp steve. ive gotten caught many a time in my garage doin the same thing. music cranked, a few beers and then a family member comes out for me to turn it down , and i get caught doin a townsend or something. lol

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Im pleased I am not alone divott.

my worse one was last Christmas, everyones in bed, MP3 headphones, air guitar U2 Sunday B Sunday - Im the Edge, back to the bedroom doors
    turn around and the wife and mother in law are stood there mouths agape
    "good night" says I and off I go into the bedroom to hide

turns out the headphones dont block out the sound of stomping feet for anyone not wearing them

Steve

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I will admit that I sing and dance to 80's hairbands in my undies and use my hair brush as a mic. When I was little my mom said she couldn't pull my away from the TV when Dee Snider, Boy George, or Robert Smith were on VH1 or MTV (Ah....back when it was music). Guess I liked androgyny back then....
    I love X-men, whether it be the comics, cartoons or movies. I was raised on that, Transformers, GI-Joe, and several other boy shows because my uncle raise me for a lot of my life. (He was only 15 when I was born and my parents weren't fond of having a kid ruin their life, so I got to live with Grandma and Uncle Rich.)
    Love Stephan King and Tolkien....
    My favorite things to watch are any shows that have to do with rare and strange diseases and medical anomaly. The Mutter Museum in Philadelphia is ranked High on my List of Must see's.
    I also adore unsolved mysteries (not the just the show, but in general).
    My favorite Human being is Joseph "John" Carey Merrick. He was such a gentle and intelligent soul, but could never get anyone to see past his severe deformity. If you have ever seen the Chapel he made out of bits of sticks and paper, its amazing to think he did it all by memory with only one hand and one eye!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

My girlfriend and I got the cops called on us at 3 am for singing old elton john songs too loud. The cops made fun of me.

I know I have more, Ill sit on it and come back..

12. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

Sometimes I go on ebay instead of going to sleep after a crazy night out. I end up with some interesting collections that I don't need. This past weekend I accidentally bid on over 100 pieces of coral.
    ebay can be dangerous
    dangerous