What's your career/job?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

Indeed

2. Click Here!

3. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Computer Programmer

4. clown fan

clown fan Plankton

USAF C-5 Flight Engineer. Wiki defines it as "systems and performance expert". Its an Air Force Aircrew job, we fly all over the world. In a nutshell its a freakin awesome experience. The C-5 is the largest cargo plane in the free world.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That's too funny. I can see the transcription now: "Patient presents with mild atrophy of the anterior foramen You're grounded for three months. No TV, no stereo, no allowance, no phone. Your life is school, homework, eating, sleeping, and chores ? *lots* of chores. And if you have any free time, I suggest you spend it dwelling on why you were grounded."

6. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

=JWIN= If your still looking for the second best job in the world, my friend has already nailed it. He flys the Medivac helicopter for Dare County, NC (the Outer Banks). I think he 'works' 2 24 hour shifts per week flying helicopters that someboby else pays the fuel tab and has the other 5 days off to surf with his sons.

The best job in the world belongs to Maxine Clark -- the founder of Build-a-Bear. Those stores just print thier own money.

7. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Sparky, the best part about medical transcription is not what you hear and type, it's what you hear and don't type! Some actual situations I've run across over the years where doctors left their recorders running and either didn't realize it or didn't care:

Doctor falls asleep in the dictation booth, snores loudly for 10 minutes (while I have to sit and listen to whole thing in case he wakes up), then wakes up and starts dictating again in wrong place in the report.

Nurse walks in office. Doctor asks her who's on the schedule today. She reads off a bunch names and then says, oh, and Mrs. ______ is back today. Doctor: "What?? Not her again! I can't stand that @#$%^$# woman."

Doctor talking about another doctor's wife - "She ought to be weaving baskets in the nut house."

Any my favorite.....the bathroom. Those recorders have incredible sound. They can pick up all kinds of.....noises. There's nothing like transcribing dictation from a doctor who's using the potty......

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Well that cinches it. I WANNA BE A MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST! :)